We follow the National Curriculum 2014 for Science Guidelines and aims to ensure that all children:
- develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding
- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of Science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them;
- are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of Science, today and for the future.
In teaching Science,we are developing in our children:
- a positive attitude towards Science and an awareness of its fascination;
- an understanding of Science through a process of enquiry and investigation;
- confidence and competence in scientific knowledge, concepts and skills;
- an ability to reason, predict, think logically and to work systematically and accurately;
- an ability to communicate scientifically;
- the initiative to work both independently and in co-operation with others;
- the ability to use and apply Science across the curriculum and real life.